Are you ready to add another social media app to your roster? Well, before you hop onto the Lemon8 bandwagon, let’s take a moment to ask ourselves a few important questions.
- Lemon8 is a new social media app similar to TikTok and Pinterest, with a focus on specific topics like fashion, beauty, food, wellness, and travel.
- Lemon8 can be used by creators, small businesses, e-commerce brands alike, but some niches have already started to emerge stronger.
- Take some time to understand the network and its audience before you start creating content. If you want try a new platform, don’t be afraid to experiment, track your progress and adjust your approach accordingly.
- Before jumping on a new social media platform, marketers should consider the audience demographic, features, how it complements or cannibalises their existing strategy, goals, and experimentation.
What is Lemon8 anyway?
Lemon8 has been making waves in the social media market with its unique approach to curated content.
In fact, according to a recent TechCrunch article, Lemon8 has hit the top 10 on the U.S. App Store charts, making it a serious contender in the social media market.
Think TikTok meets Pinterest. Lemon8 is all about sharing visually stunning photos and videos on specific topics that matter to you, like fashion, beauty, food, wellness, and travel. This approach creates an ideal destination for niche communities.
And with easy-to-use content creation tools, you can easily snap and edit gorgeous content to share with your followers. Win-win.
Is Lemon8 the right fit for you?
Based on some good ol’ market research (aka downloading and browsing through the app, purely in the name of research), creators and brands that fit into trending topics within Lemon8 have a higher chance of success (think food, fashion, and travel).
But don’t worry if your brand doesn’t fall into one of these categories, Lemon8 is still worth exploring.
Let’s dive into three examples of how to tap into Lemon8:
- First, influencers and creators can use Lemon8 to build their personal brands and showcase their content. Create tutorials, behind-the-scenes looks, and Q&A sessions with your followers. Leverage Lemon8’s engagement tools to collaborate with other creators and build a community.
- Second, small businesses and e-commerce brands can use Lemon8 to promote their products and reach new customers. Showcase your products through videos and photos. Partner with influencers on Lemon8 to create sponsored content that reaches a wider audience.
- Third, event and entertainment brands can use Lemon8 to promote their events and engage with their audience. Share behind-the-scenes content of your events, host live Q&A sessions, and offer exclusive sneak peeks to your followers. Partner with influencers and creators on Lemon8 to promote your events and offer special discounts to your followers.
Three things to do before committing to a new social network
With all this chat about Lemon8, it’s only fair to talk about a few things you should do when jumping onto a new social network (just like you would do for a new trend). But, before even getting to that, it’s important to be honest with yourself.
First, take the time to understand the network and its audience before creating content. Second, create a solid plan that aligns with your overall marketing strategy. Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment, track your progress, and adjust your approach accordingly.
Five questions to ask before getting started
Last but not least, before joining any new social network, ask yourself these five questions:
- Who is using this platform, and is their target audience aligned with yours?
- Do the features and functions align with your needs and goals?
- Will the new social network complement or cannibalise your existing social media strategy?
- Do you have measurable goals in place to determine whether it’s worth investing your time and resources?
- Are you ready to experiment, track your progress, and adjust your approach accordingly?
Remember, taking the time to learn and navigate new social networks may seem daunting at first. But since we’re all beginners again whenever a new platform appears, let’s take this as a chance to play and learn!
Ready to get started with positive impact marketing?
Set up power marketing systems build a marketing strategy that drives results, when you join our certification.
Develop an advanced set of marketing skills that drive more measurable results to any project and harness the power of psychology, purpose, storytelling, and impact to build trust in an increasingly skeptical world.
Take our certification, build your marketing plan and build your ultimate marketing toolkit.